How to Play PlayStation Cloud Games Like a Pro
PlayStation cloud gaming is a great way to get your friends and family together to enjoy games like Mario Kart 8, Uncharted 4, and more. But how do you play PlayStation cloud games?
Well, there are a few different ways depending on what game you are trying to play. Let’s break down each method so that you can choose which one works best for your gaming setup.
What Are PlayStation Cloud Games?
Cloud gaming is the latest buzzword in the gaming industry. So what exactly is it? In short, cloud gaming lets you stream games over the internet instead of playing them on your console. This means you can play your favorite games on any device, anytime, anywhere.
PlayStation has been at the forefront of cloud gaming since it launched its cloud gaming service, PlayStation Now, in 2015. With PlayStation Now, you can play over 650 games without needing to download them or store them on your device. You just need an internet connection and a PlayStation 4 or PC.
Setting Up Your PS4 Console for Cloud Gaming
Once you have signed up for a PlayStation Plus account and linked it to your PS4, you are ready to start playing PlayStation cloud games.
- To get started, select the “PlayStation Plus” icon on the name of the main menu category of your PS4 console.
- This will take you to the “Membership” page, where you can see your current subscription status and expiration date.
- Underneath this, you will see a list of all the games that are included in your subscription.
- You can click on any of these games to start playing them immediately, without having to download them to your console.
- If you want to play a game that is not included in your PlayStation Plus subscription, you can download it from the PlayStation Store by clicking on the “Store” icon on the PS4 console’s home screen.
Downloading and Launching PlayStation Cloud Games
To play PlayStation cloud games, you need to make sure you are signed in to the same PlayStation Network (PSN) account on your console and PC. You can then download the games you own on your console to your PC.
To launch a game, select the game tile in the library on your PC, and then click the Play button. The game will start downloading, and then it will launch automatically.
If you want to close the game while it’s downloading, click the X button in the upper-right corner of the game window.
Tips for an Optimal PlayStation Cloud Gaming Experience
Playing PlayStation games in the cloud can be an awesome experience, but it also comes with its own set of challenges. If you are looking to get the most out of your PlayStation cloud gaming sessions, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Make sure you are online with a strong and stable connection. Cloud gaming requires an internet connection for optimal performance, so make sure you have good connections at both your home and away locations.
Do not forget about your data cap. Streaming PlayStation games will use up a lot of data, so keep an eye on your data consumption to avoid overage charges.
Play in a distraction-free environment as much as possible. This will help reduce lag and make sure that you can focus on the game.
Adjust the settings depending on your connection quality. You can fine-tune various settings such as resolution, frame rate, and motion blur to get the best out of the experience even with weaker connections.
Compatible Controllers for PlayStation Cloud Games
So, you have got your PlayStation cloud games downloaded and you are ready to go. The only thing left is to figure out which controller or controllers you will need.
One option is to use a DualShock 4 wireless controller, which is the standard ÒPlayStation OfficialÓ controller.
This controller has a comfortable ergonomic design and includes vibration motors. The handles also have light bar illumination, making them perfect for playing your favorite games.
Another option is the DualSense wireless controller, which has been designed specifically for PS5 cloud gaming.
It offers advanced haptic feedback and adaptive triggers for an incredibly lifelike gaming experience. And the built-in microphone and 3D audio technology will make your online gaming sessions even more immersive!
Troubleshooting Tips for PlayStation Cloud Games
Having trouble getting your PlayStation cloud games to run? Here are a few troubleshooting tips which are helpful to use,
- Make sure the internet connection or router is stable as well as fast and speedy enough. Cloud gaming requires a minimum download speed of 5Mbps, but 10 is preferred. You can check your connection using the Network Speed Test app.
- Ensure that the game is installed in its most recent version. If not, download it from PlayStation Store and re-launch the game.
- Update your controller software as needed to get the best experience possible.
- Try rebooting both your console and router in case there is a problem with the connection.
- Try resetting your console’s network settings and then reconnecting it to the network.
If all else fails, contact PlayStation support for further advice. They will be able to help you diagnose any technical issues you might be having with your cloud gaming experience.
PlayStation 4 offers a lot of fun. The latest games, movies, and music are only a click away. You can turn your console into a personal cinema or music server with PlayStation Music. Cloud gaming is the future and PlayStation cloud games have gotten on board. Be sure to use these tips the next time you log in and start gaming.